Targeted at consumers who want more choice when it comes to what they eat and drink on-the-go, PepsiCo’s Hello Goodness vending machine — which will also be available in a beverage-only version — features a selection of PepsiCo products such as such as Naked Juice, Smartfood Delight popcorn, Lay’s Oven Baked potato chips, Quaker Real Medleys bars, Pure Leaf iced tea, Propel Electrolyte Water, Tropicana Pure Premium and Sabra Ready-to-Eat Hummus cups.
The Hello Goodness vending machine also goes beyond traditional vending machines in the market and:
- Features a digital point-of-sale touch screen with product nutritional information
- Suggests food and beverage pairing ideas for different eating occasions throughout the day
- Is smart equipment, giving PepsiCo real-time consumer preference insights to further inform future offerings
- Contains dual climate-control shelving, allowing both perishable and non-perishable items to be easily vended together at the correct temperature
- Allows for cashless and digital vending
PepsiCo will place several thousand units throughout the U.S. in 2016 in a variety of locations, including select healthcare, recreational, transportation, governmental, workplace and educational facilities.